EPPIC Workshops – Spring 2022
Join us in spring 2022 for EPPIC workshops on advanced academic writing, speaking, interaction, and job market preparation in English in a U.S. university setting. Our spring 2022 workshops are organized into these specific skill areas (*earn an EPPIC certificate for attending a full workshop series*):
- Foundational Academic Skills
- Emailing professors (Jan. 19) – Academic Reading (Jan. 26) – Avoiding Plagiarism (Feb. 2) – Grammar & Editing (Feb. 9)
- Applying for Jobs in the U.S.
- Cover Letters (Jan. 20) – Interviews (Feb. 17) – Elevator Speeches (Mar. 17)
- American English Pronunciation
- Sounds of U.S. English (Feb. 7) – Syllables & Stress (Feb. 14) – Rhythm (Feb. 21) – Intonation (Feb. 28)
- Research Writing
- Writing Abstracts (Mar. 15) – Preparing Literature Reviews (Mar. 22) – Writing Effective Literature Reviews (Mar. 29) – Writing Data & Results Sections (Apr. 5)
- Presentation Skills
- Designing Slide Presentations (Apr. 8) – Giving Clear Presentations (Apr. 15) – Interacting & Dealing with Questions (Apr. 22)
See the full schedule of spring 2022 workshops here.
To register for these workshops, click on the series titles below:
- Applying for Jobs in the U.S. (Cover Letters, Job Interviews, Elevator Speeches)
- Foundational Academic Skills (Emails, Reading Academic Articles, Using Sources in Writing, Grammar & Editing)
- American English Pronunciation (Sounds, Syllables & Stress, Rhythm, Intonation)
- Research Writing (Abstracts, Literature Review Preparation & Writing, Data & Results)
- Presentation Skills (Slide Design, Clear Delivery, Interaction & Handling Questions)
Please register at least 24 hours in advance of each workshop in order to receive a Zoom meeting link.
Can’t attend a workshop due to schedule conflicts? Did you miss a workshop you wanted to attend? No problem! Schedule a meeting with an EPPIC consultant to review workshop materials on the topics that are of interest to you.
*Earn EPPIC Certificates!*
Earn EPPIC certificates in specific academic skill areas! These professional development certificates can be displayed in your home or office, listed on your CV, shared with your adviser or supervisor, and highlighted in your professional development dossier.
Not sure which workshop series and certificates are right for you? Talk with an EPPIC Adviser for personalized recommendations.
Did you attend a full workshop series? To request a certificate, write to us at email@example.com.