Join us for EPPIC workshops each semester on advanced academic writing, speaking, interaction, and job market preparation in English in a U.S. university setting. Our spring 2023 workshops are organized into specific topic areas (*earn an EPPIC certificate of achievement for attending a full workshop series*):
- Foundational Academic Skills
- Emailing Your Professors – Strategies for Academic Reading – Structure and Flow in Academic Writing – Incorporating Sources in Academic Writing (Understanding Plagiarism and How to Avoid It)
- Applying for Jobs in the U.S
- Preparing for Industry Job Interviews – Preparing for Academic Job Interviews – Writing Targeted Cover Letters
- American English Pronunciation
- Sounds – Syllables & Stress – Rhythm – Intonation
- Writing Research Articles
- Writing Abstracts – Preparing for Literature Reviews – Writing Literature Reviews – Writing Data & Results Sections
- Oral Presentations
- Tips for Design in Slide Presentations – Tips for Clear Delivery – Tips for Interaction and Handling Questions during Presentations
Click here to view the list of spring 2023 workshops with dates, times, and locations. To register for workshops, please visit the EPPIC registration page here.
Please register at least 24 hours in advance of each workshop in order to receive a reminder and updated location information (including Zoom links).
Can’t attend a workshop due to schedule conflicts? Did you miss a workshop you wanted to attend? No problem! Schedule a meeting with an EPPIC consultant to review workshop materials on the topics that are of interest to you.
*Earn EPPIC Certificates!*
Earn EPPIC certificates of achievement in specific skill areas related to academic and professional communication in English. These certificates provide evidence of your investment in professional development, and can be displayed in your home or office, listed in your CV, and included in your professional development portfolio.
Not sure which workshop series and certificates are right for you? Talk with an EPPIC Adviser for personalized recommendations.
Did you attend a full workshop series? To request a certificate, write to us at email@example.com.