J-1 Exchange Scholar applicants wishing to schedule a Language Proficiency Interview (LPI) to document their English language proficiency should follow this two-step process:
Interviews are scheduled in 30 minute time blocks. Scholars will receive an e-mail confirming their scheduled interview appointments.
- Step 2: Pay the interview fee of $85 using the payment button below.
- Scholars must have a J-1 visa application in progress on iStart before they schedule a Language Proficiency Interview.
- Payment of the interview fee is required before the results of the language interview will be posted to iStart and shared with the scholar.
- Cancellation: Interview appointments may be cancelled through a link provided in the confirmation e-mail if needed. Appointments that are cancelled at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled time can be rescheduled with no additional fee.
- Language Proficiency Interviews are conducted using a teleconferencing platform called Zoom (https://zoom.us/). Instructions for connecting with Zoom are available here, and include guidance for doing a ‘test session’ of Zoom in advance to verify audio and video settings.
PSU Departments: If your department is funding the interview fee for a J-1 Exchange Scholar applicant, please send an e-mail to Meredith Doran at email@example.com to indicate the name of the scholar whose interview you are sponsoring. We thank you for your assistance in ensuring that payments are credited to the appropriate scholar.